Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dracula...Godmother...huh?

I have been dying to read something new since I ended the Summer semester.  I tried reading Bram Stoker's Dracula and had to quit.  Ugh.  It is very unusual for me to give up on a book, but I did so with a light heart.  I have to read it for my Victorian Lit class in the Fall, so I didn't feel bad quitting. It was torturous and I hadn't even made it to page 100 yet.  I figure I will read it when it is assigned and maybe be able to finish it with the motivation that you can't make an A in Dr. Bragg's class without reading every word.

So, like I was saying, I wanted something to read.  I wanted something light and easy, but good.  Just a way to waste some time and lose myself for a few hours. So my friend, Karel (she insists on mentioning me in her blog, so I am just returning the favor) recommended Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon.  She insisted that she got right into it and loved it....well, I read the first few pages and had no idea what I was reading.  So, I restarted, maybe my mind drifted a few times onto other subjects who knows?   I just finished chapter one, and I still have no idea what is going on.  I saw the heading for chapter two and wondered how I had gotten there.  So, I am going to sit down in a quiet corner and re-read chapter one hoping that when I arrive at chapter two I will know how I got there.  

Wish me luck, or give me ideas for another book...either way I need it!

~Christine

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you have ever heard of it, but you should really try reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Amelia and I couldn't get enough of it. Each book is around 1000 pages and there are 7 books in the series. I can't remember caring so much about fictional characters in all my years of reading. Check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete